Unfolding like a real-life thriller, “Under Our Skin” exposes the hidden epidemic of Lyme disease and reveals how our troubled health care system is failing to address one of the most serious and mysterious illnesses of our time.
Dynamic, inclusive and passionate, the Tick-Borne Disease Alliance (TBDA) is dedicated to raising awareness, supporting initiatives and promoting advocacy to find a cure for tick-borne diseases, including Lyme.
As part of our efforts to raise funds to support much-needed research, TBDA will embark on a quest to develop a diagnostic tool as a first step toward eradicating the diseases. Working with others in the tick-borne disease community nationwide, TBDA seeks to raise public awareness through education and create a unified voice for advocacy regarding the current epidemic in order to make a real difference.
- Promote Lyme disease awareness programs
- Serve as an information resource for current medical research and findings with respect to Lyme disease
- Prevent the spread of the disease and other tick-borne illness
- Establish a support system for those people, and their families who suffer from Lyme disease
- Generate funding and financial support for the development of accurate diagnostic testing and to find a cure for chronic or persistent Lyme infection